Bureau of Land Management Campgrounds
Stage 2 Fire Restriction Order
Due to prolonged drought conditions, extreme wildland fire indices and forecasts and pursuant to regulations of the Department of Interior, 43 CFR 9212.1(h), the following acts are prohibited on federal lands, roads, trails and waterways, described below by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Green River District (Price Field Office). This order is effective 12:01 am, on Friday, June 25th, 2021 and will remain in effect until rescinded by the BLM Green River District Manager.
- No igniting, building, maintaining, or using a fire, including wood, charcoal and briquettes in designated and non-designated campgrounds.
- No Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site, or while stopped in an area that is paved or free from dry vegetation.
- No use/discharge of any kind of fireworks, explosives, incendiary or chemical devices, pyrotechnic devices, exploding targets or the use of steel core/jacketed ammunition. (Order No. UT910-21-001)
- No operating or using any internal or external combustion engine without a spark arresting device properly installed, maintained and in effective working order.
- No cutting, welding or grinding metal in areas of vegetation.
Read full order here.
The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) maintains 26 campgrounds in the Moab area. Most individual campsites are available on a first-come/first-served basis and no reservations are accepted.
Ken’s Lake Campsites Now Reservable
New for 2021:
- Individual campsites are now reservable at Ken’s Lake Campground for the dates of March 1-Nov 15th through Recreation.gov.
- Click here for Ken’s Lake Campsite Reservations Q & A.
- Ken’s Lake Recreation Area is just 10 miles south of Moab and offers swimming, paddle-boarding, limited boating and fishing. Hiking and 4WD roads are accessible from the campground.
All other BLM Campgrounds are first-come, first-serve (no reservations available):
- All individual sites are $20/night. Pay at campground; exact cash or check only. (Camping in the Sand Flats Recreation Area is $15 per night per vehicle.)
- Campgrounds and camping areas have picnic tables, vault toilets and fire rings. Firewood gathering is not allowed. Bring your own wood (available at convenience stores in Moab).
- Campsites are limited to 10 people and two vehicles (or one vehicle and a trailer).
- RV Sites have no hook-ups. Generator hours are from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- Camping at all sites is limited to 14 days within a 30-day period.
- Group Campsites – Several campgrounds feature reservable group sites, which are suitable for large groups. All BLM group campgrounds are reserved through recreation.gov.
Please note that drinking water is NOT available at these campsites and plan accordingly.
Please do not drive through campgrounds when "Full" signs are posted. The campgrounds are full and the noise and lights disturb fellow campers!
Did you know: All Moab BLM campgrounds are supported soley by user fees – not tax dollars!
BLM CAMPGROUNDS THAT ACCOMMODATE LARGE RVS:
- Sand Flats Recreation Area – Most sites accommodate up to a 26 foot RV. Campground A has 6 sites that
will accommodate RVs up to 40 ft.
- Goose Island – All sites accomodate RVs up to 40 ft.
- Horsethief – All sites accomodate RVs up to 40 ft.
- Ken’s Lake – Numerous sites accommodate RVs up to 40 ft.
- Big Bend – 5 sites will accommodate RVs up to 40 ft.
- Hittle Bottom – 5 sites will accommodate RVs up to 40 ft.
- Gold Bar– Reservable group sites that accommodate several large RVs.
- Lone Mesa– Reservable group sites that accommodate several large RVs.
EQUESTRIAN FRIENDLY CAMPGROUNDS:
There are three reservable BLM group sites that accommodate horses (have horse corrals) in the Moab Area. These are reservable on recreation.gov
six months in advance and up to eight days before the arrival date. No water is available and feed must be weed-free. As a courtesy to fellow users, please consider removing animal waste from the corrals/campground:
- Upper Onion Creek Group Site A
- Ken’s Lake Group Site A
- Lone Mesa Group Site A