attractions activities lodging + campgrounds area info services transportation events submit an event blog contact search Covid-19 Info Visit Utah

Non-Resident OHV Permit Vendors

Help us Protect Moab's Public Land Treasures

Utah Non-Resident OHV Permits

Is my ATV/UTV Street Legal?
Your vehicle must have (1) a license plate from your home state and (2) meet all of these requirements. If your home state does not issue license plates to ATV/UTVs, your vehicle cannot be street legal in Utah. If your vehicle is not street legal it must be trailered or towed to the trailheads.

Do I need a Utah Non-Resident OHV Permit?
If a street-legal OHV is registered and has a license plate from your home state, and it meets all of Utah’s street-legal requirements, then you do not need to purchase a Utah Non-Resident OHV Permit.

If your vehicle is not street legal you need to purchase a permit either online or in town. Permits are $30 and are good for a full year. These permits only allow you to ride on OHV trails, not on streets, roads and highways.

Utah Non-Resident OHV Permit Vendors in Moab

Utah OHV Permit

Permits are available at the the following vendors in Moab:

Moab Information Center
Center and Main

Mad Bro
1805 S Hwy 191

435 N Main

985 S Hwy 191

Spanish Trail Shell
2420 Spanish Trail Rd

When applying in person, you will need the following:

  1. Proof of residency: driver’s license or other state issued identification.
  2. Proof of ownership: title or current registration or bill of sale.

Revenues generated from OHV user fees are dedicated to construction, improvement, operation and maintenance of OHV trails. For assistance with questions concerning OHV’s, along with online registation forms, visit:

Utah State Parks and Recreation
1594 West North Temple, Ste 116

For a more optimal web experience, please view our site on Microsoft's recommended browser, Edge. You can download it here.